Title: Aboriginal Mental Health Therapist
Company: The Family Enhancement Centre
Number of Positions: 2
Hours of Work: Part Time (Days, Evenings and Saturdays)
Start Date: Immediate
Working ‘in a bubble’ can start to feel old for many RSWs. TFEC is building a team of mental health professionals. Mental health is always a priority for both individuals and communities, and in difficult times more than ever. Our team members share a common vision for seeing people empowered to find their inner strength. Their training, life experience and values combine to help clients feel respected and encouraged.
As a mental health agency with over 15 years’ experience, we have built a broad client base and an online presence that will bring clients in. Our track record and standing in the community means our phone is ringing ever day with people who need your services. We get you the clients, handle the bookings and invoicing and provide wonderful offices where you can meet with clients online or in person.
As an RSW you don’t have to be alone. Perhaps it is time to join The Family!
Who We Are:
The Family Enhancement Centre is a full-service counselling centre working with children, youth, adults, couples, and families. Over the last 15 years we have been expanding geographically as well as increasing our services to include groups, assessments, corporate services and more.
We value helping individuals inside and outside of our workplace by extending a helping hand to those in need. We put people first and value humility and character. We honour the development and betterment of others before our own desires. We inspire trust and confidence in others, and create higher levels of engagement, empowering others to harness their talents and strengths. We accept and delegate responsibility, share power and control, and co-create a culture of accountability. We strive to be skilled communicators, listening objectively while seeking to understand. As compassionate collaborators, we invite the contributions of others. We anticipate the future and use our intuition and discernment to create a shared vision.
- Provide clinical psychotherapy to children, youth, adults, couples or families
- Ability to provide brief, solution focused work with clients in person, over the phone and via video conferencing
- Create and implement treatment plans based on needs of client
- Facilitate open or closed psycho-educational groups
- Ability to produce professional quality clinical notes within 3 business days
- Minimum of 5 years of direct counselling experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of counselling skills and theory as it relates to children, youth, individuals, couples and families
- Training and experience in preferred modality; EMDR, EFT, CBT, Solution Focused, Critical Incident, Narrative and DBT
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with complex cases
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated crisis intervention skills
- Ability to provide brief, solution focused work with clients in person, over the phone or via video conferencing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent time management skills as it pertains to scheduling and paperwork
- Fluency in other languages a bonus
Educational Requirements and Credentials:
- Master’s in social work (MSW) or Equivalent
- Registered with the OCSWSSW or CRPO (In good standing)
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Must have Professional Liability Insurance
- Warm, professional office space provided at no cost
- Free access to our custom online portal to manage your case load and view your schedule
- Professional Service Coordinators that will schedule your appointments and manage payments
- Tens of thousands of dollars spent on marketing every year to ensure the phones are ringing and you have clients
- Clinical supervision available at significantly reduced costs to help you grow as a professional and meet best practice recommendations
Please note that work will be offered on a case by case basis, dependent on availability, skill set and approach.
The Family Enhancement Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are situated in a multi-cultural neighbourhood and are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create & sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
The Family Enhancement Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), The Family Enhancement Centre Team will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the title of the position in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.