The Family Enhancement Centre is a mental health agency dedicated to helping people maintain a state of wellness for themselves and their families, improve and learn new strategies for dealing with difficult times, and recover from serious setbacks and traumas in their lives. We work from a strength based perspective, looking for solutions to help people move on from their problems.
Established in August 2005 in Brampton, The Family Enhancement Centre today has grown into a full service counselling centre offering individual, couple, family counselling and therapy with presence in Brampton, Mississauga, St. Catherines and Orangeville.
We also offer Workshops on anger management, parenting with divorce and other specific issues.
Our services can help you:
- Understand and manage a wide range of emotional problems
- Communicate well with partners, children, youth, parents and others
- Deal with relationship conflicts
- Develop constructive approaches to different challenges of life
- Develop skills to manage stress, anxiety and depression
- Make meaningful and useful community connections
- Cope with trauma which may include sexual or physical abuse, neglect, violence, and witnessing traumatic events
Our therapists can help you explore, understand and manage your life challenges through supportive counselling and psychotherapy.
In our practice we use various approaches which include:
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Trauma Processing
- Mind/body Relaxation Techniques
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Play therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Crisis Intervention
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
Our Professional Counselling Team
At The Family Enhancement Centre we have professionally trained, registered and experienced social workers, play therapists and counselors to best meet your needs. All of our therapists are registered with their appropriate regulatory boards and may be covered under some extended health care benefits. Learn more about our counselling team.
Our Team includes highly skilled
- Registered clinical social workers
- Marriage and family therapists
- Masters level psychotherapists
- Child and youth workers
- Social service workers
- Other professionals as required
- Valerie Hopkins – Registered Social Worker
- Danielle Mackenzie – Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying)
- Akanksha Kulkarni – Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying)
- Lazar Kakkasery Chakkunny – Registered Social Worker
- Beth (Elizabeth) Thomsett-Scott – Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying)
- Julian Mauricio Bernal Lizarazo – Registered Social Worker
- Wendy Taylor-Brett, Registered Social Worker
- Barbara General, Registered Social Worker
- Maryna Svitasheva, Registered Psychotherapist
- Ruth Simmonds – Registered Social Worker
- Joy Prasad – Registered Psychotherapist
- John Nilsson – Registered Social Worker, EMDR
- Nancy Friedman – Registered Social Worker
Call us today (905)-799-2228 or book an appointment.
- Quick access to our counselling services
- Private counselling
- Customized groups
- Customized training
- Anger management workshop
- Parenting with divorce workshop
- Counselling in different languages – English, French, Spanish, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Malayalam and Cantonese
The Family Enhancement Centre acknowledges that we provide services on Indigenous Land. We are grateful to all First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and other Indigenous peoples. We recognize the significance of Indigenous history and culture in shaping Ontario. We stand by the indigenous community in challenging the Truth and Reconciliation. We are committed to supporting the mental health and rights of the Indigenous Community.