The Family Enhancement Centre is a mental health agency dedicated to helping people maintain a state of wellness for themselves and their families; improve and learn new strategies for dealing with difficult times and recover from serious setbacks and traumas in their lives. We work from a strength based perspective, looking for solutions to help people move on from their problems.
Established in August 2005 in Brampton, The Family Enhancement Centre today has grown into a full service counselling centre offering individual, couple, family counselling and therapy with presence in Brampton, Mississauga, Niagara Falls and Orangeville.
We also offer Workshops on anger management, parenting with divorce and other specific issues.
Our services can help you in:
- Understanding and managing a wide range of emotional problems
- Communicating well with partners, children/youth, parents and others
- Dealing with relationship conflicts
- Developing constructive approach to different challenges of life
- Developing skills to manage stress, anxiety and depression
- Making meaningful and useful community connections
- Coping with trauma which may include sexual or physical abuse, neglect and violence and witnessing traumatic events
Our therapists can help you explore, understand and manage your life challenges through supportive counselling and psychotherapy.
In our practice we use various approaches which include; solution focused therapy; trauma processing; mind/body relaxation techniques; cognitive-behavioural (CBT) and dialectical (DBT) interventions and modalities; play therapy; Motivational Interviewing; Crisis Intervention; eye movement desensitization reprocessing (EMDR) and emotional freedom techniques (EFT).
Our Professional Team
At The Family Enhancement Centre we have professionally trained, registered and experienced social workers, play therapists and counselors to best meet your needs. All of our therapists are registered with their appropriate regulatory boards and may be covered under some extended health care benefits. To learn more about our staff, please follow this link.
Our Team include
- Registered clinical social workers
- Marriage and family therapists
- Masters level psychotherapists
- Child and youth workers
- Social service workers
- Other professionals as required
- Quick access to our counselling services
- Private counselling
- Customized groups
- Customized training
- Anger management workshop
- Parenting with divorce workshop
- Counselling in different languages – English, French, Spanish, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Malayalam and Cantonese