Beth’s heartfelt desire is to walk with you into the next chapter of your life filled with well-being and wholeness. She offers a compassionate, empathetic, and authentic therapeutic environment. Healing is a collaborative process, and Beth will gently guide you to develop goals and be beside you as you reach them. Beth has lived experience with therapy and appreciates the therapy process from the other side. She understands anxiety, depression, divorce, aging, parental care, raising children, mobility challenges, and other life events. Through a blend of people-focused, strength-based inventions, Beth will aid you in reaching the person you desire to be.
Counselling is a second career for Beth. She has 20-plus years of experience working as a science and engineering librarian and engages with university students and their concerns. After obtaining her B.Sc. from the University of Guelph, M.Sc. from the University of Manitoba, and MLIS from the University of Western Ontario (Western University), Beth worked at the University of Guelph until moving to the United States with her family in 2001. Beth obtained her Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counselling from Liberty University in 2020 and recently returned to Brampton to be with family. She has experience with settling into Canada and the processes involved.
Beth is proficient in working with individuals with anxiety, depression, gender, life-stage, trauma, spiritual, anger, addictions, marital, and parenting concerns. She believes spirituality can be an integral component of therapy and works with people of all spiritual beliefs. She is a trained Christian counsellor. Beth draws from cognitive behavioural, acceptance and commitment, solution-focused, internal family systems, and emotionally focused therapies to find the most effective combination of treatments for you.
With Beth, you will find a competent, calming, and compassionate counsellor who will walk with you on your journey to well-being.
Articles by Beth (Elizabeth) Thomsett-Scott
- The Cost of Virtual InfidelityVirtual infidelity creates room for distrust, hurtful feelings, and damaged relationships.
- Tame the Worry! Circles of Control and InfluenceLet’s tame the worry with an easy technique which helps you see things that are in your control.
- Know Your Fight, Flight and Freeze Response: Pathway to HealingWhen our brain wants to protect ourselves, it triggers a fight, flight or freeze response.
- Is it Agoraphobia or Post-Pandemic Anxiety?As we return to the “new normal” of post-pandemic, it’s essential to ensure you aren’t confusing post-pandemic anxiety with agoraphobia.
- How to Finish an Unfinished ConversationTalking out your feelings, emotions, and left-over conversations is not crazy! It’s a well-known part of emotional healing.