New! TFEC’s Corporate Services Team can provide customized workshops on a spectrum of topics in mental health and behavioral wellness. As teams continue to come to grips with functioning in a post-pandemic world, we have created the following workshops available for purchase as live modules for your in-house corporate training events, or as pre-recorded videos. Available workshops.
- Workshop: Leave the Loop of Languishing and Re-Discover Your ‘Why’Nothing like a global pandemic to make you revaluate your life. After months of being confined and restricted, overworked or laid off, living with financial uncertainty, how do just act as if nothing ever happened?
- Workshop: Self-Care for Stress ManagementThe word ‘stress’ simply describes people’s physical and/or emotional responses to the demands of modern living. Nobody loves stress. Yet, stress can be positive, stimulating growth. This workshop will help you learn how.
- Workshop: Taking Stock of Pandemic Grief and LossMany have lost cherished others to COVID. These losses are valid, bringing feelings that can hit right away or in waves over time. This workshop helps participants identify and honour losses and take steps to move on.
- Workshop: Resisting Burnout and Rebuilding ResilienceResilience is the ability to cope with setbacks and become stronger because of them. In this seminar, participants learn strategies to build or rebuild personal resilience as a hedge against burnout.
- Workshop: Returning to the Workplace – Am I Ready?For many, the exciting prospect of ‘back to normal’ can be overshadowed by anxiety. Unaddressed, anxiety can get in the way of achieving even basic tasks. The trick is to recognize anxiety and take steps to manage it.
- Workshop: The Only Certain Thing Is ChangeChange is one of life’s guaranteed constants. In this workshop, participants learn about the different phases of change, the emotions it produces, and how to manage them productively.
Great Businesses Address Mental Health in the Workplace
An excellent business practice involves addressing major topics like employee mental health and behavioural well-being.
Mental health concerns in the workplace can directly affect businesses. The effects on businesses include an increase of absences, a decrease in productivity, an overall decrease in profit, and additional cost to cope with escalating mental health issues. Poor mental health can cost businesses thousands of dollars in lost productivity. According to Canadians, the primary cause of poor mental health is workplace stress. Studies suggest that 1 in every 5 Canadians will experience mental health issues. Over thirty percent of short- and long-term disability claims are related to mental health problems.
Progressive organizations acknowledge that life is stressful for a variety of reasons, and recognize the importance of taking measures to prevent or amend a concern before it becomes a major problem.
Corporate Behavioural Wellness Services Include:
- In-House Training for Soft Skills
- Onsite Critical Incident Services
Investing in the welfare of your employees will help your business in several ways:
- Improvement in work quality
- Improved productivity
- Reduction in absenteeism
- Staff retention
- Healthier corporate environment
- Happier/motivated staff
- An overall increase in profit
Training Courses and Workshops
Our training course and materials are designed to equip leaders and employees with meaningful skills that enhance mental well-being and greater productivity. Below is a list of our most popular courses.
- Developing Resilience
- Conflict Management
- Effective Communication
- Managing Difficult Behaviours
- Assertiveness in Action
- Emotional Intelligence at Work
- Dealing with Challenging People
- Coaching Skills for Managers
- Team Building
- Stress Management
- Stress Risk Assessments
- Time Management
- Listening Skills
- Preparing for Interviews
- Customer Excellence
- Psychological Safety at Work
- Writing a CV
- Anxiety at Work
- Understanding Harassment & Bullying
- Managing Work Culture
- Crisis Management
- Great Leadership
- Employee Engagement
As a leading counselling organization we are also contacted by different government and non-government agencies to provide support to victims of crime, domestic violence, child abuse and people with mental health issues.
- Ministry of Attorney General’s office contact us in cases related to victims of crime, victim quick response, internet child exploitation (ICE).
- We are preferred provider of counselling services for International Association of Machinists & Aerospace Workers (IAMAW Union)
- We also work with Criminal Injury Compensation Board, Humphreys Family Tree, A Child’s Oasis, etc.