Eating Disorders Counselling
The Family Enhancement Centre is a leading provider of counselling services for eating disorders in Brampton, Mississauga, Niagara Falls and Orangeville. We have a team of highly experienced social workers, family counsellors and mental health therapists who have helped hundreds of clients with problems related to eating disorders.
Eating disorders can affect all ages, genders and races, and come in many forms including: anorexia nervosa, bulimia, over-exercising, and over-eating. Eating disorders are difficult to treat because the signs are not always visible and there is not one set cause and cure.
At The Family Enhancement Centre we offer individual outpatient counselling for eating disorder recovery. Our team will work with clients to customize recovery goals and identify and deal with emotional and behavioural issues. TFEC also provides individual and group counselling for friends and families of those with eating disorders or suspected eating disorders. It is a safe environment where family and friends can express their feelings and learn how to best help their loved ones on their road to recovery.
How does counselling and psychotherapy help in eating disorders?
Counselling can help people achieve lasting change in dealing with their eating disorders. Our therapists will work one-on-one with you to explore the root causes of your eating behaviours, which can include emotions, problems at workplace, relationship difficulties, and social environments.
Our eating disorder therapists will also work with you to develop a treatment plan to empower you to take control and free yourself from the emotions causing your problem. At The Family Enhancement Centre our main goal is to develop tools and resources to alter your way of thinking and eating, reverse irrational or dysfunctional eating behaviours, and encourage psychologically healthier patterns of living.
What to expect after eating disorder counselling
- Therapy will help you to eat only when hungry & stop when you are full
- Freedom from obsessions with food
- Feeling relaxed about food & eating with others
- Sleeping well & feeling energized
- Being happy; develop a positive outlook towards life
- Coping with emotional difficulties without turning to food
- Mastering cravings
- Better control over your feelings
- Have a positive self image
- Being able to take better care of yourself
Advantages of working with The Family Enhancement Centre for Eating Disorders Counselling
- Experienced and professionally trained family counsellors, social workers and eating disorder therapists
- Shorter wait list, appointments available within a week most of the time
- Counselling in multiple languages – English, French, Spanish, Cantonese, Hindi, Punjabi and Malayalam
- Easy to reach with locations in Brampton, Mississauga, Niagara Falls and Orangeville
- Coverage may be available under extended health care benefits
- Court approved programs