Counselling for Victims of Crime
The Family Enhancement Centre is one of the leading providers of Victim Crisis Assistance Services in Brampton, Mississauga, Niagara Falls and Orangeville.
The services are available through the Victim Quick Response Program (VQRP) funded by the Ministry of the Attorney General’s Victims and Vulnerable Persons Division.
VQRP services are designed to provide immediate assistance to the victims of:
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Assault
- Hate Crimes
- Serious Physical Assault
- Family members of Homicide victims or victims of attempted murder
Referrals for VQRP assistance can come from an emergency service provider, community service provider and/or individuals within the community. There is a set criterion that must be fulfilled for a victim and/ or their family to qualify including time constraints.
You may be eligible for VQRP assistance if the following statements are true in your condition:
- You are requesting counselling services and related transportation costs no later than 90 calendar days after the date of the crime
- You are requesting emergency, crime scene cleanup and/or funeral expenses no later than 45 calendar days after the date of the crime,
- You are a victim of a violent Criminal Code offence which occurred in Ontario and has not been charged as a result of the crime
- You have no other financial resources to meet with expenses related to the funeral; and/or emergency services; and/or crime scene cleanup, and/or short-term counselling
What is covered?
Funding for VQRP covers:
- Short-term immediate counselling services
- Funeral expenses for victims of homicide
- Immediate emergency expenses for:
- Cleanup of a crime scene
- Emergency home repairs to secure premises for the safety of victims
- Transportation costs for a victim of a crime or for a family member
- Emergency care for children, the elderly or for special needs dependents to support a victim
- Emergency accommodation and meals where there are no secure housing options available
We have been providing counselling services to victims of crime through VQRP for over a decade
- We can connect the victims of crime to the VQRP coordinator in Brampton, Mississauga, Orangeville or Niagara Falls and provide assistance in getting help and resources
- We have a team of highly experienced therapists that include Registered Social Workers, Family Counsellors, Marriage Counsellors, Christian Counsellors, Child and Youth Counsellors and Play Therapists
- Counselling in multiple languages – English, French, Spanish, Cantonese, Hindi, Punjabi and Malayalam
- Daytime, evening and weekend appointments