We are looking for a Community Outreach & Engagement Worker who enjoys connecting and building relationships with Indigenous communities throughout Ontario. You will have the opportunity of connecting communities in need of mental health services for their members with our therapists for quick access to free counselling and advocacy services. These communities could be on reserves, in schools, in child protection or other community agencies. You will meet virtually with contacts and enjoy being part of a larger vision of empowering people with healing and wholeness.
- Reach out to Indigenous communities and organizations within Ontario to establish and develop positive working relationships virtually and where required attend meetings in person
- Develop, organize, and facilitate presentations about The Family Enhancement Centre and the services we offer, how we can support community members or how we can customize services specifically based on client needs
- Build a network within various communities and obtain community contacts, suppliers, and partners for collaboration
- Establish contact lists for marketing, engagement, and email content communication
- Demonstrate sensitivity and commitment to engaging clients in all aspects of service delivery utilizing a strength-based approach
- Communicate effectively with both clients and management
- Collaborate with various departments such as intake and marketing to inform on best practices
- Remain current in, and adhere to, agency policies and procedures and relevant legislation
- 2+ years of community outreach experience preferred
- Commitment to client engagement and client-centred services utilizing a strength-based approach
- Experience working with marginalized populations and able to practice cultural sensitivity
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent time management skills as it pertains to scheduling and paperwork
- Diploma or degree in relevant education
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check required
The Family Enhancement Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are situated in a multi-cultural neighbourhood and are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create & sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe, and caring community.
The Family Enhancement Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), The Family Enhancement Centre Team will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.