TFEC is building a team of Indigenous mental health professionals, Elders and Knowlege Keepers to work with FNIM clients throughout Ontario. Mental health is always a priority for both individuals and communities and in difficult times more than ever. Our team members share a common vision for seeing people empowered to find their inner strength. Their training, life experience and values combine to help clients feel respected and encouraged.
As a mental health agency with over 17 years’ experience, we have built a broad client base and an online presence that attracts clients from all over Ontario
Who We Are:
The Family Enhancement Centre is a full service counselling centre working with children, youth, adults, couples, and families. Over the last 17 years, we have been expanding geographically as well as increasing our services to include groups, assessments, corporate services and more.
We value helping individuals inside and outside of our workplace by extending a helping hand to those in need. We put people first and value humility and character. We honour the development and betterment of others. We inspire trust and confidence in others, and create higher levels of engagement, empowering others to harness their talents and strengths. We accept and delegate responsibility, share power and control, and co-create a culture of accountability. We strive to be skilled communicators, listening objectively while seeking to understand. As compassionate collaborators, we invite the contributions of others. We anticipate the future and use our intuition and discernment to create a shared vision.
- Provide counselling to mainly Indigenous children, youth, adults, couples or families
- Ability to provide counselling to clients in one of our office locations, over the phone and/or via video conferencing
- Facilitate open or closed psycho-educational groups
- Ability to produce professional quality clinical notes within 3 business days
- Must self-identify as a First Nations, Inuit and/or Metis person
- Minimum of 3 years of direct counselling experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of counselling skills and theory as it relates to Indigenous children, youth, individuals, couples and families
- Education, training and experience preferred in; EMDR, EFT, CBT, Solution Focused, Critical Incident, Narrative, DBT, Healing Wheel, 7 Grandfather Teachings, etc
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with complex cases
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated crisis intervention skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent time management skills as it pertains to scheduling and paperwork
- Fluency in other languages a bonus
- Master’s in social work (MSW) or Equivalent is preferred
- Registered with: Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the Canadian Nurses Association or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario or a member of the Ontario Association or Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists or the Candian Counselling Associaiton or a recognized Indigenous Elder or Indigenous Knowledge Keeper or a Traditional Healer
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check
The Family Enhancement Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are situated in a multi-cultural neighbourhood and are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create & sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
The Family Enhancement Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), The Family Enhancement Centre Team will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.
Please include the title of the position in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability