We are looking for a skilled Counsellor/Therapist who enjoys working in a collaborative environment. You will meet with clients and enjoy being part of a larger vision of empowering people with healing. You work with a variety of modalities and are not afraid to pivot to new strategies when needed.
- Provide clinical psychotherapy to children, youth, adults, couples, and families
- Create, implement, and regularly evaluate treatment plans based on the client’s needs
- Demonstrate sensitivity and commitment to engaging clients in all aspects of service delivery utilizing a strength-based approach
- Ability to provide clinical services with clients in person in the office, over the phone and via video conferencing
- Ensure timely completion of professional case notes
- Ensure timely provision of assessments, progress reports, summary reports, letters and/or other documentation as required
- Develop, organize, and facilitate workshops, soft skills training and/or educational outreach efforts as required
- Provide critical incident group debriefing if appropriate
- Provide soft skills training workshops as needed
- Communicate effectively with both clients and management
- Maintain a high level of clinical competence, participate in professional development, clinical training and staff training
- Remain current in, and adhere to, agency policies and procedures and relevant legislation
- 3+ years of direct counselling experience
- Strong clinical assessment and treatment
- Commitment to client engagement and client-centred services utilizing a strength-based approach
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of counselling skills and theory as it relates to children, youth, individuals, couples and families
- Training and experience in preferred modality; EMDR, EFT, CBT, Solution Focused, Critical Incident, Narrative and DBT
- Ability to work independently with complex cases
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated crisis intervention skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent time management skills as it pertains to scheduling and paperwork
- Master’s in social work (MSW) or Equivalent preferred
- Registered with the OCSWSSW or CRPO (In good standing) required
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check required
The Family Enhancement Centre is an inclusive full service counselling centre working with children, youth, adults, couples, and families. Over the last 15 years we have been expanding geographically as well as increasing our services to include groups, assessments, corporate services and more.
We value helping individuals inside and outside of our workplace by extending a helping hand to those in need. We put people first and value humility and character. We honour the development and betterment of others before our own desires. We inspire trust and confidence in others, and create higher levels of engagement, empowering others to harness their talents and strengths. We accept and delegate responsibility, share power and control, and co-create a culture of accountability. We strive to be skilled communicators, listening objectively while seeking to understand. As compassionate collaborators, we invite the contributions of others. We anticipate the future and use our intuition and discernment to create a shared vision.
The Family Enhancement Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are situated in a multi-cultural neighbourhood and are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create & sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe, and caring community.