We are looking for a skilled Indigenous Social Worker who can intentionally contribute unity within our teams, our partners, and our customers. Who is able and interested in supporting the interests of others and the team. To remain together and supportive as a team in the face of challenges. Who is dedicated to resolve any differences openly and constructively using mutual respect.
- Provide virtual, clinical psychotherapy to children, youth, adults, couples, and families
- Create, implement, and regularly evaluate treatment plans based on the needs of the client
- Demonstrate sensitivity and commitment to engaging clients in all aspects of service delivery utilizing a strength-based approach
- Ability to provide clinical services with clients over the phone and via video conferencing
- Ensure professional case notes are written for each client interaction within required time frames
- Provide assessments, progress reports, summary reports, letters or other as required and within specified timelines
- Communicate effectively with both clients and management
- Maintain a high level of clinical competence, participate in professional/program development, clinical training opportunities and staff training, and remain current in the knowledge of and adhere to agency policies and procedures as well as relevant legislation
- Minimum of 3 years of direct counselling experience
- Strong clinical assessment and treatment skills with a commitment to client engagement and client-centred services utilizing a strength-based approach
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of counselling skills and theory as it relates to Indigenous children, youth, individuals, couples and families
- Training and experience in preferred modality; EMDR, EFT, CBT, Solution Focused, Critical Incident, Narrative and DBT, medicine wheel, healing circle
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with complex cases
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated crisis intervention skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent time management skills as it pertains to scheduling and paperwork
- Master’s in social work (MSW) or Equivalent (preferred)
- Registered with the OCSWSSW or CRPO (In good standing)
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes to: email@example.com
Please include the title of the position in the subject line.
The Family Enhancement Centre is an inclusive full service counselling centre working with children, youth, adults, couples, and families. Over the last 15 years we have been expanding geographically as well as increasing our services to include groups, assessments, corporate services and more.
We value helping individuals inside and outside of our workplace by extending a helping hand to those in need. We put people first and value humility and character. We honour the development and betterment of others. We inspire trust and confidence in others, and create higher levels of engagement, empowering others to harness their talents and strengths. We accept and delegate responsibility, share power and control, and co-create a culture of accountability. We strive to be skilled communicators, listening objectively while seeking to understand. As compassionate collaborators, we invite the contributions of others. We anticipate the future and use our intuition and discernment to create a shared vision.
The Family Enhancement Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are situated in a multi-cultural neighbourhood and are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create & sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
The Family Enhancement Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), The Family Enhancement Centre Team will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.