Practicing since 1996.
Maryna is a Registered Psychotherapist with 23 years of experience. Maryna has a passion for working with children, adults, couples and families. She has experience in play therapy as well as extensive training and experience in Gestalt therapy.
Maryna has worked with all ages; children under 12 years, 12-17 years, adults, couples, groups and families. She has provided therapy for all mild, moderate and severe cases- she has a passion for what she does and wants to see her clients progress into a better form of themselves, happy and healthy.
Qualifications: Maryna has a PhD in Psychology and a diploma in Psychotherapy.
Languages: English, Ukrainian, Russian.
Availability: Maryna is available for counselling in Mississauga and Brampton. She is available for daytime, evening and weekend appointments.
Articles by Maryna Svitasheva, Ph.D.
- Divorce: Different Meanings for Children and ParentsLearn how divorce can unintentionally affect children.
- A Non-Directive Play TherapyTherapy for children looks a lot different than therapy for adults.
- “A Customer,” “A Patient,” or “A Client”?Learn why you should choose a therapist that treats you like a “client”.
- Here’s Why Your Parenting Strategy Is Not WorkingIs parenting going the way you had planned? Lets look into your parenting strategies and assess why your parenting strategy is not working.
- Knock on the door!The simple practice of knocking on their door helps your child learn about healthy boundaries and respect. It’s a great habit to begin early in the little one’s life.