Get to know our counsellors who are available for online counselling.
Our core compentency has always been about building in-person, therapeutic connections between counsellors and clients. Even with multiple offices and opportunities for meeting in-person, some people prefer to receive counselling online. And sometimes, for public health reasons, online is the only option available. The Family Enhancement Centre is fully equipped to provide secure, confidential, online counselling. Online counselling is covered by most insurance plans and is considered legally valid when fulfilling court-mandated learning requirements.
- Maryna Svitasheva, Registered PsychotherapistMaryna Svitasheva has a passion to see people progress into better versions of themselves, happy and healthy. She is fluent in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- Melissa Maidment – Registered Social WorkerMelissa appreciates the uniqueness of each person’s journey and the importance of walking together to find one’s path to overall wellness.
- Becky Hills – Life Coach, Masters of Theological StudiesLife Coach Becky Hills blends coaching and counselling to promote mental, emotional, and spiritual wellness through meaningful self-exploration.
- Joy Prasad – Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying)Joy believes in individuals’ dignity and ability to make changes to improve their lives. She enjoys seeing clients increase self-awareness, hope and healing.
- Gameli Soh – Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying)Gameli is TFEC’s Lead Facilitator for our Court-Approved Anger Management Group which teaches coping strategies and managing of triggers.
- Melissa Costa-Ryan, Registered Social WorkerMelissa walks side by side with clients, providing a safe space to process experiences. She believes understanding others is key to therapeutic relationships.
- Darlene Mignacco – Registered Social WorkerDarlene is client-focused, honouring each individual’s process towards wellness. Working to provide a safe, nurturing environment for exploration.
- Ian Andrew Wine – MSW, Youth CounsellorCounselling is a wonderful opportunity to reflect, gain insight and pursue realistic and attainable goals. It provides an experiential journey for growth.
- Nancy Friedman – Registered Social WorkerNancy Friedman says, “Holding onto to problems can interfere with your job, family relationships, and day-to-day life. Remember, it is never too late to make a change.”