Get to know our counsellors who are available for online counselling.
Our core compentency has always been about building in-person, therapeutic connections between counsellors and clients. Even with multiple offices and opportunities for meeting in-person, some people prefer to receive counselling online. And sometimes, for public health reasons, online is the only option available. The Family Enhancement Centre is fully equipped to provide secure, confidential, online counselling. Online counselling is covered by most insurance plans and is considered legally valid when fulfilling court-mandated learning requirements.
- Lazar Kakkasery Chakkunny – Registered Social WorkerLazar is skilled in assessing the psycho-social needs and providing therapy from an eclectic perspective.
- Beth (Elizabeth) Thomsett-Scott – Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying)Elizabeth will walk with you on your journey to well-being and wholeness.
- Meghan Hagedorn – Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying)Meghan has diverse experience working underprivileged and underrepresented populations, including First Nations and Metis.
- Julian Mauricio Bernal Lizarazo – Registered Social WorkerJulian is passionate about helping clients find meaning and success in life. Julian welcomes clients to share and connect at their pace.
- Allie (Alexandra) Baillie, Registered Social Worker, CYCAllie identifies as an indigenous woman. She specializes in counselling for indigenous people, women, and children and families.
- Barbara General, Registered Social WorkerBarbara is Onondaga of the beaver clan from Six Nations reserve and has over 30 years assisting Indigenous clients through a trauma informed lens..
- Maryna Svitasheva, Registered PsychotherapistMaryna Svitasheva has a passion to see people progress into better versions of themselves, happy and healthy. She is fluent in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- Becky Hills – Registered Psychotherapist & Life CoachPsychotherapist & Life Coach Becky Hills blends counselling and coaching to promote mental, emotional, and spiritual wellness through meaningful self-exploration.
- Joy Prasad – Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying)Joy believes in individuals’ dignity and ability to make changes to improve their lives. She enjoys seeing clients increase self-awareness, hope and healing.
- John Nilsson – Registered Social Worker, EMDRJohn provdes a strengths-based, person-centered approach to support clients coping with anxiety, depression, trauma and family issues and more. He specializes in EMDR.
- Nancy Friedman – Registered Social WorkerNancy Friedman says, “Holding onto to problems can interfere with your job, family relationships, and day-to-day life. Remember, it is never too late to make a change.”