The Family Enhancement Centre offers professional Telephone counselling service that allows you to have contact with your therapist through phone. Phone counselling is a powerful tool to help you get to the heart of your issues very quickly and easily. Sometimes, it is not always practical or possible to meet a therapist in person for face-to-face counselling. Our phone counselling service allows you to receive help right where you are with a licensed and professional therapist.
We are a team of over 20 therapists with wide range of credentials and can help you in choosing the right therapist for your specific needs. All of our therapists are professionally trained, hold degrees, and are licensed to help you. Our counselors while offering phone counselling are just as committed to you and working with you as they would be if you saw them in person.
Phone counselling gives you an opportunity to consult with a therapist as a guide with feedback and support. It can just be a onetime consultation or a series of sessions. Many individuals who select phone counselling tend to present dilemmas which require brief solution oriented therapy with about 4-6 sessions to meet their needs. Some people seek ongoing sessions as they deal with longer term issues. It depends on your unique condition to determine what is helpful.
No matter wherever you are located around the world, Phone Counselling can help you move past the pain, and discover the life you want and deserve.
Phone Counselling is especially effective in overcoming:
- Anxiety – including social phobia and panic
- The pain of Grief and Loss
- Individual relationship problems such as insecurity, fear of commitment or obsessive love
- Addiction recovery from substances or compulsive behaviors\
- The negative impact of family abuse, such as scapegoating or estrangement
Benefits of Telephone Counselling:
- Save time and money commuting to and from appointments
- It allows you to receive counselling from the comfort of your own home, office or any other place, by using your phone
- Useful for people with physical limitations or those who live in remote areas
- It provides you with an added level of anonymity. Sometimes it is difficult to take that first step to get help and phone counselling is a great place to start
- Sometimes communicating in person is difficult and that’s why talking on the phone without the pressure of sitting down face to face takes away the physical barriers of social anxiety
- You can have therapy sessions while being away from the city
- You can still benefit from therapy even if it is difficult for you to get to a therapist’s office
How does Phone Counselling work?
Phone counselling sessions are similar to in-person sessions. Most sessions happen on a weekly basis and are 60 minutes in duration, unless otherwise negotiated. All telephone counselling sessions are scheduled in Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Studies suggest that telephone counselling is as effective as face to face counselling, and that people tend to stay with it longer – until they get the positive results they are seeking.
How do I get started?
Just give us a call at 905-799-2228 and speak to one of our friendly and knowledgeable staff. We will take some information from you and help you to decide if phone counselling is right for you. You can schedule an appointment to speak with a therapist right away and you can pay by VISA or MasterCard right over the phone.