Title: Registered Social Worker
Company: The Family Enhancement Centre
Number of Positions: 2
Hours of Work: Part Time (Days, Evenings and Saturdays)
Start Date: Immediate
Who We Are:
The Family Enhancement Centre is a full service counselling centre working with children, youth, adults, couples, and families. Over the last 15 years we have been expanding geographically as well as increasing our services to include groups, assessments, corporate services and more.
We value helping individuals inside and outside of our workplace by extending a helping hand to those in need. We put people first and value humility and character. We honour the development and betterment of others before our own desires. We inspire trust and confidence in others, and create higher levels of engagement, empowering others to harness their talents and strengths. We accept and delegate responsibility, share power and control, and co-create a culture of accountability. We strive to be skilled communicators, listening objectively while seeking to understand. As compassionate collaborators, we invite the contributions of others. We anticipate the future and use our intuition and discernment to create a shared vision.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a skilled Social Worker who can intentionally contribute unity within our teams, our partners, and our customers. Who is able and interested in supporting the interests of others and the team above their own. To remain together and supportive as a team in the face of challenges. Who is dedicated to resolve any differences openly and constructively using mutual respect.
- Provide clinical psychotherapy to children, youth, adults, couples or families
- Ability to provide brief, solution focused work with clients in person, over the phone and via video conferencing
- Create and implement treatment plans based on needs of client
- Facilitate open or closed psycho-educational groups
- Ability to produce professional quality clinical notes with 3 business days
- Minimum of 5 years of direct counselling experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of counselling skills and theory as it relates to children, youth, individuals, couples and families
- Training and experience in preferred modality; EMDR, EFT, CBT, Solution Focused, Critical Incident, Narrative and DBT
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with complex cases
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated crisis intervention skills
- Ability to provide brief, solution focused work with clients in person, over the phone or via video conferencing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent time management skills as it pertains to scheduling and paperwork
- Fluency in other languages a bonus
- Ability to provide Christian counselling a bonus
Educational Requirements and Credentials:
- Master’s in social work (MSW) or Equivalent; RSW or RP
- Registered with the OCSWSSW or CRPO (In good standing)
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Must have Professional Liability Insurance
Please note that work will be offered on a case by case basis, dependent on availability.
The Family Enhancement Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are situated in a multi-cultural neighbourhood and are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create & sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
The Family Enhancement Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), The Family Enhancement Centre Team will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the title of the position in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.