The key to successful co-parenting arrangements is how well the parents function. What works best for some divorced parents may not work well for others. For the sake of the children, divorced or separated parents must continue to communicate with their former spouses in matters of child-rearing. The ability of parents to interact with each other greatly affects the child’s adjustment to divorce.
The purpose of co-parenting is to improve the quality of the parental relationship in situations of divorce. The overall emphasis is to offer children the opportunity to grow in a home environment free from being caught in the middle of parental conflict.
Parenting after Separation Workshop
Along with individual counselling for parenting, we also offer group sessions for Parenting after Separation Classes.
Call today to book your seat for next Parenting after Separation Workshop.
This is an 8 week 16 hour psychosocial program. This program offers valuable information about the process of separation and practical skills necessary to create a two household family. It not only addresses children’s issues associated with divorce, but it focuses on you and your personal struggle to overcome the loss of your marriage or relationship. As you journey through his course, you will discover that you have the power to make positive changes that will benefit your child and your long-term relationship with your child’s other parent.
[dt_sc_pullquote type=”pullquote2″ align=”right” icon=”yes”]Family relationships do not disappear after divorce or separation; however parents must now learn how to co-parent effectively. Co-parenting means both parents play an active role in their children’s day-to-day lives.[/dt_sc_pullquote]
- The impact of separation on you and your children
- How to help your family adjust to change
- Strategies to help your family adjust to change
- Effective ways you and your children’s other parent can communicate
- How to keep your children out of the middle of conflict
- How the child support guidelines are applied
- Resources in the community for parents and children
[dt_sc_pullquote type=”pullquote2″ align=”right” icon=”yes”]The Family Enhancement Centre’s workshops are facilitated by well trained professional staff with many years of experience working with children/adolescents and families who suffer from mental health problems.[/dt_sc_pullquote]
This group is right for you if:
- You’re caught up in ineffective, conflicted or disengaged communication patterns
- Unable to co-parent calmly
- Have different opinions on how to co-parent
- Unable to see eye-to-eye on anything regarding your children
This group will help you:
- Strengthen your relationship with your children
- Learn how to communicate better with your child’s other parent
- Shift your role from spouse to co-parent
- Raise children in a healthy, happy environment
**You also earn a certificate at the completion of the workshop
Call or send us a message to book your seat for the Parenting Through a Divorce Workshop and let us show you how we can make a significant difference in your life. Our class price includes all fees, manuals and a certificate of completion. For more information on any of our workshops in Brampton / Niagara please call: 905-799-2228
[dt_sc_callout_box type=”type2″ button_text=”Book Now” link=”https://www.tfec.ca/book-appointment/” target=_blank]
Book an appointment with one of our therapists today!
We are a full service counselling centre dedicated to helping you achieve and maintain a state of wellness for yourself and your family.