Is it okay to feel angry?
The feeling of anger is a completely normal and healthy human emotion. However if not managed properly it can get out of control and become destructive, resulting in problems—problems at workplace, in your relationships, health and in the overall quality of your life. Sometimes it can make you feel as though you are at the mercy of an uncertain and powerful emotion.
The purpose of counselling for anger related issues is to reduce both your emotional feelings and the physiological arousal that anger produces. You can’t get rid of, or neglect, the things or the people that enrage you, nor can you change them, but you can learn ways to control your reactions.
Tips to control and manage anger
If you want a healthy and strong relationship with your loved ones, friends, work associates or even with yourself, don’t wait another day in anger! We can provide a safe place to explore your anger and discover effective coping skills to help manage it properly. Call or send us a message to book your seat for the Anger Management Class and let us show you how we can make a significant difference in your life. Our class price includes all fees, manuals and a certificate of completion.
The Anger Management group could be right for you if:
- You have a history of anger
- Your temper causes problems at home, in relationships and at work
- You avoid social gatherings and events because you feel like you cannot control your temper
- Anger is affecting your individual health and the atmosphere within the family
- You feel regularly frustrated and angry no matter what you try
- Your anger has led to physical violence
- You have gotten in trouble with the law due to anger related issues
- Your partner, employer, lawyer, probation office, CAS or the court has recommended anger management for you
- You want to gain control over your behaviors and emotions.
Join Anger Group
We have anger management groups starting every month. This is a 4 week, 8 hour educational group using an evidence based cognitive behavioral therapy model. This program is designed for adults 18+ years old with anger control difficulties. Our group leaders are experienced clinicians and group facilitators.
You Will Learn to:
- Understand and anticipate Anger
- Identify triggers, cues and consequences of anger
- Use strategies to change habits and manage anger
- Change your thinking and behaviour surrounding anger
- Create an anger control plan
- Build better relationships
Some benefits of attending our Anger Group:
- Replace aggressive communication with assertive
- Affection and connection
- Know your responsibility
- Domestic Violence Counselling
- Court approved anger management certificate
- Confidential and Non-Judgmental Atmosphere
- Gain new insight and become more empathetic
- Ability to build better relationships
- Experience less stress
Why Choose Us?
- Experienced therapists
- Groups starting every month
- You get a “Court Approved” certificate at the end of the program.
- Affordable Options
- Urgent Options
- Available on weekends and weekdays
Our therapists can help you to better understand your inner process, the emotional triggers which cause anger, and provide you with effective coping skills to help you navigate through complex situations in a peaceful manner. You will learn practical and proven strategies to replace aggressive communication with assertive communication, letting others know how you feel and what you need without isolating them or damaging the relationship.
The Family Enhancement Centre offers both court-approved group and individual counselling programs for anger management. Group programs are available in Brampton and Mississauga. Individual anger management classes are available in Brampton, Mississauga, St. Catharines and Orangeville.
Due to popular demand, we offer one-day intensive anger management program in Brampton and Mississauga. You will get a court-approved completion certification the same day at the end of the class. Seats are limited.
We have anger management groups starting every week. This is a 4 week, 8 hour educational group using an evidence-based cognitive behavioral therapy model. This program is designed for adults 18+ years old with anger control difficulties. Our group leaders are experienced clinicians and group facilitators .
Articles about Anger and Anger Management
- What Is Your Anger Trying To Tell You?Anger can be a signal that reveals what we care about most. Our disappointments, sadness, and grief can show themselves as anger.
- Why Am I So Angry? – Recognizing Anger & Dealing with It in a Healthy MannerIndividuals have labeled you as “unapproachable” or “hostile.” You see the need for a positive transformation, and you are searching for answers.
- Tips to Control & Manage Anger8 tips to better manage anger.