Anger Management Counselling
We all understand what anger is, and we’ve all experienced it: whether as a fleeting annoyance or as full-fledged rage.
The feeling of anger is a completely normal and healthy human emotion. However if not managed properly it can get out of control and become destructive, resulting in problems—problems at workplace, in your relationships, health and in the overall quality of your life. Sometimes it can make you feel as though you are at the mercy of an uncertain and powerful emotion.
The Family Enhancement offers court approved group and individual counselling programs for anger management. Group program is available in Brampton while individual programs are available in Brampton, Mississauga, Oakville, St. Catharines and Orangeville.
The purpose of counselling for anger related issues is to reduce both your emotional feelings and the physiological arousal that anger produces. You can’t get rid of, or neglect, the things or the people that enrage you, nor can you change them, but you can learn ways to control your reactions.
Call today to book your seat for next Anger Group
We have anger management groups starting every week. This is a 4 week, 8 hour educational group using an evidence based cognitive behavioral therapy model. This program is designed for adults 18+ years old with anger control difficulties. Our group leaders are experienced clinicians and group facilitators.
One day intensive program
Due to popular demand, we are starting one-day intensive anger management program starting from September 15. You will get a court-approved completion certification the same day at the end of the class. Seats are limited. Call now to book yours: 905-799-2228
You get course material and a certificate of completion at the end of the program.
Anger management counselling is designed to educate participants in ways to:
- Understand and anticipate anger
- Change your thinking and behavior surrounding anger
- Develop a plan for controlling anger
The Anger Management group is right for you if:
- You have a history of anger
- Anger is affecting your individual health and the atmosphere within the family
- You feel regularly frustrated and angry no matter what you try
- Your temper causes problems at home, in relationships and at work
- You avoid family gatherings and events because you feel like you cannot control your temper
- Your anger has ever led to physical violence
- You have gotten in trouble with the law due to anger related issues
- Your partner, employer, lawyer, probation office, CAS or the court has recommended anger management for you
- You want to gain control over your behavior and emotions
If you want a healthy and strong relationship with your loved ones, friends, work associates or even with yourself, don’t wait another day in anger! We can provide a safe place to explore your anger and discover effective coping skills to help manage it properly. Call or send us a message to book your seat for the Anger Management Workshop and let us show you how we can make a significant difference in your life. Our class price includes all fees, manuals and a certificate of completion.
Some of the benefits you get by attending our anger group:
- Confidential and Non-Judgemental Atmosphere
- Gain new insight and become more empathetic
- Ability to build better relationships
- Experience less stress
- Replace aggressive communication with assertive
- Know your responsibility
- Domestic Violence Counselling
- Covered by Employee Extended Health Insurance Plans for individual anger counselling
- Court approved anger management certificate
Today, many Canadians are finding themselves isolated from others in their life. This isolation can often be caused by anger and mistrust of loved ones and coworkers. If the problem is not resolved with the help of qualified anger management therapists, it’s an issue that can have lasting consequences for the individual. Therefore, it’s important for those who notice that their friend or family member has an anger issue to encourage them to seek help. By working with qualified experts, a customized anger management program can be created to help adapt to a new positive frame-of-mind.
The Family Enhancement Centre from its offices in Brampton, Mississauga, Oakville, St. Catharines and Orangeville offers a broad suite of anger counselling programs to adults, children and youth. Whether the source of the anger is family disputes, adaptation to a new environment or a traumatic incident, the clinic’s staff are able to help clients better understand the foundation to their anger issue. Through a process of comprehensive analysis and a commitment to helping the individual achieve personal growth, our anger management therapists are able to ensure that our clients achieve their therapeutic objectives.
The advantage with individual counselling sessions is that you can get daytime, evening or weekend appointments. This means that clients achieve the comfort of knowing that a specialist is available to offer expert level counselling at a time that best fits their work and family schedule. This additional level of comfort can help to further increase the progress clients achieve with their counselling.
The Family Enhancement Centre has been helping people just like you make positive changes in their lives for over a decade. We know anger management!