Did you know that if you are First Nations or Inuit, you could get free therapy with The Family Enhancement Centre?

Here are some frequently asked questions about the non-insured health benefit for First Nations and Inuit.

Who is eligible?

First Nations with a status card, Inuk recognized by an Inuit land claim, or their children aged up to 18 months.

What is covered?

Up to 22 sessions of mental health counselling per year.

What could I receive help for?

Coping with relationships, abuse, trauma, difficult feelings, anger, conflict, depression, anxiety, grief, loss, thoughts about harming myself. 

What kind of help could I receive?

All our methods are based on compassionate respectful listening. We work together to make a treatment plan that is right for you. 

What if I can’t come to your offices?

TFEC is fully equipped to provide counselling to remote locations via secure, online, confidential chat technology.

Is TFEC a crisis centre or hotline?

No we are a team of highly trained professionals who get paid by our clients or through various funding sources.

Who pays for my free therapy then?

The Canadian government (Indigenous Services Canada), under a program called NIHB (non-insured health benefits.)

Do I have to pay anything?


How do I know if I qualify?

Please give us a call and we can easily help you find out.